Fashion and design experts and product manufacturers come out at the start of each new year with their color trend prognostications. They group colors together into compelling "stories" aimed at attracting consumers. If you're a homeowner, or someone who's interested in Interior Design, you should pay attention to these color trends ... but with a grain of salt.
The Big 8 - Top Color Sources
- Benjamin Moore Color Trends 2012 - Earth & Sky, Eclectic Elegance, Spiced Life, Sense & Sensibility
- Sherwin-Williams colormix 2012 forecast - Neutrals, Reds, Blues, Greens
- Valspar Trend Colors 2012 - Precious Garden, Converging Cultures, Organic Elements, Urban Light
- California Paint Company Color Trends 2012 - Soulful, Spirited, Dreamy
- Behr Color Trends 2012 - Santa Fe Today, Retro Recall, Safari Escape, Tea Party
- Dunn-Edwards Simply Refocus 2012 Color Trends - Simply Sentimental, Simply Refined, Simply Revolutionary, Simply Essential
- Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring 2012
- And if you'd like to purchase industry forecasts that are 2 years ahead of the current season, go to Global Color Research Mix Trends publications
As lead curriculum developer for Sheffield School, I'm fascinated with color. If you're interested in learning more about color and interior design, then I encourage you to explore the Sheffield School, New York, NY. Sheffield began as an Interior Design school in 1985, and then expanded our course offerings to train people in other design-related fields, including Feng Shui, Wedding and Event Planning, and Jewelry Design. With thousands of active students and more than 50,000 graduates, Sheffield has trained more design professionals than any school in the world.